Our guiding principles and family foundation culture are summarized by our values, practiced each day in our activities and our dealings with the community:
- A strong and effective learning environment encourages dialogue, a sense of inquiry, and a self-driven quest for knowledge.
- All of our daily interactions provide opportunities to learn and to teach.
- We believe in promoting a love of learning and enhancing children’s learning skills.
- All children have individual talents to be encouraged and fostered.
- We believe in the importance of education both inside and outside the classroom.
- We value children and support their self-expression within the broad spectrum of the arts.
- Children benefit from a healthy environment that encourages them to grow, play, and learn.
- A child who has a positive sense of self-esteem will tend to make pro-social, healthy life choices.
- We value children understanding their own importance as individuals and as participants in their families and community.
- We value the process whereby children succeed at a challenge, and go beyond their self-imposed limits, or those imposed upon them.
- We appreciate the diversity of human talent.
- We believe that children benefit when they value ethnic and cultural diversity.
- We believe in the universal benefit of people helping each other.
- We value the role of non-profits in helping to make a difference.
- We encourage and model individual, personal responsibility.
- We value highly leveraged opportunities that produce the most positive impact for the community and society.
- We value the right effort, being put in the right place, at the right time, to obtain exceptional results with maximum efficiency.
Stay in the know and sign up for our FREE newsletter featuring the latest in Youth Philanthropy news and upcoming events
Register for Grant Alert Notifications by clicking here.