[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″ style=”default” bg_image=”4186″ bg_style=”stretch” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”20″ padding_bottom=”20″ padding_left=”20″ padding_right=”20″][vcex_spacing size=”10px”][vcex_bullets style=”bullet”]
[/vcex_bullets][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vcex_spacing size=”30px”][vc_column_text]
1. Public charity status:
The organization must have a current and valid tax exempt ruling under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and must be a public charity classified pursuant to sections 509(a)(1) or (2) of the IRS Code.
2. Geographic limitations:
Agencies must be located within California and provide direct services to the children and youth of Santa Clara County and/or Los Angeles County. If the agency serves additional counties, any grant request should specify the number of children served in our geographic region, as well as express that number as a percentage of total children served.
3. Budgetary limitations of funding:
The foundation is relatively small, and seeks to partner with agencies that operate on an annual budget of less than $10 million, including all programs and projects. Limited exceptions may be made for larger organizations or public charter schools, where the specific project’s budget is relatively small, well-defined, relatively independent, and has its own donor support (as evidenced by restricted grants designated for support of the project).
The foundation will look to the budget for evidence of a diversified funding strategy, so please list in-kind support (non-cash, volunteer, goods or services) as income line-items.
Grant requests must not exceed 20% of the organization’s total annual budget. (For example: a grassroots organization with a $150,000 annual operating budget may not request more than $30,000.)
[/vc_column_text][vcex_spacing size=”30px”][vcex_divider style=”double” icon_color=”#000″ icon_size=”14px” margin_top=”20px” margin_bottom=”20px”][vcex_spacing size=”30px”][vc_column_text]
We will not fund:
• Organizations with less than one full year of operational and financial history as a 501(c)(3) entity.
• Individual schools, school districts, or home & school clubs (due to the sheer number of public and private schools in these two counties, in contrast to the foundation’s relative size and resources). Non-profit organizations providing services in partnership with a school and/or school district may apply. Schools with their own 501c3 non-profit status, such as some public charter schools that otherwise meet eligibility requirements are eligible to apply, to support a specifically targeted in-school or after-school program.
• Any organization that unfairly discriminates against people because of their age, race, creed, gender, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation, or ethnicity in either policy or in practice. A copy of non-discrimination policy will be required.
• Religious institutions, except in very limited cases where all three of the following are evident: a) the activities are purely secular and one religious belief is not taught or espoused in the daily activities of the program; b) the primary benefit is for the larger community in response to a compelling local need, and c) there is demonstrated collaboration, encouragement and acceptance of the participation of others outside membership or religious adherents.
• Organizations whose financial statements are not prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles by independent accountants; or do not comply with legal audit requirements.
• Construction, renovation, or other capital improvement projects except in limited and special circumstances.
• Support for past operating deficits or loans.
• Fundraising events, capital campaigns, or endowment campaigns.
• Travel, except as required to implement the program or project (i.e., travel required to attend staff training to implement a project expansion, or incidental travel for participants may be included in the project budget).
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row bg_color=”#f6f6f6″ bg_style=”stretch” video_bg_overlay=”none” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”20px” padding_bottom=”20px” margin_top=”45px” center_row=”yes” border_color=”#bcbcbc”][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text] Stay in the know and sign up for our FREE newsletter featuring the latest in Youth Philanthropy news and upcoming events [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vcex_spacing size=”5px”][vcex_button url=”http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=0012GDvJ6YFjZuXTFlH40pz_T1jwbQxXymU3sQGN_HC19FspTEit7840YiXcj1AEfo9lo7TpjOIU_Gxlgvlc7fVCSONq2MSx50NdercUYBUGwE%3D” title=”Newsletter Sign Up” color=”blue” border_radius=”0px” target=”blank” rel=”none” align=”right” style=”flat” size=”medium” layout=”expanded”]Newsletter Sign Up[/vcex_button][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row bg_color=”#f6f6f6″ bg_style=”stretch” video_bg_overlay=”none” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”20px” padding_bottom=”20px” margin_top=”45px” center_row=”yes” border_color=”#bcbcbc”][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text] Register for Grant Alert Notifications by clicking here. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vcex_spacing size=”5px”][vcex_button url=”https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=fm–YAU5T6vGGqcLdb_i0w2″ title=”Grant Alerts” color=”blue” border_radius=”0px” target=”blank” rel=”none” align=”right” style=”flat” size=”medium” layout=”expanded”]Grant Alerts[/vcex_button][/vc_column][/vc_row]