2018 SoCal Youth Philanthropy Gathering
2017 SoCal Youth Philanthropy Gathering
The 2018 SoCal Youth & Next Gen Regional Gathering is an exciting day-long event for youth philanthropists in Los Angeles. For the second year, the Frieda C. Fox Family Foundation, along with our partners, invites you to connect with the youth philanthropy community in Los Angeles for an opportunity to learn, network, and to experience a youth-led Giving Circle. Youth philanthropists (ages 10+) and their adult supporters (relatives, staff, etc.) are invited to attend! We know that SoCal is home to numerous Junior Boards and youth philanthropy programs. Our goal is to further develop youth philanthropy in Southern California.
What should I expect?
Last year, over 100 attendees experienced the unique support and learning that is a result of engaging with peers. This event is the perfect opportunity to:
- Connect with youth philanthropy peers and learn about new grantmaking models.
- Explore this year’s theme, Youth Organizing, and gain new skills.
- Participate in a youth-led Giving Circle and make grants (totaling $25,000).
- Gain service hours by completing hands-on service projects that benefit the community.
When and where is it?
May 20, 2018 from 9AM-3PM at the Dodger Stadium Club
How much will it cost?
The event cost is $50, which covers all meals for the day. Thanks to our wonderful partners, staff time and other resources have been donated to support the event. There is no profit being made, our goal is to strengthen the relationships within the youth philanthropy community.
How can I get involved?
- Attend the event and bring your family! Register HERE
- Become a sponsor. We still have openings for local sponsors who want to be a part of the growing SoCal youth philanthropy movement. Please contact Alexis at [email protected] for sponsorship opportunities.
- Share the event information with your community.
Email [email protected] or call (805)836-0661 if you have questions or would like to attend.